Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heart's Desire Ch 22

Chapter 22

EPOV

We spent the next two days arguing. Well not really arguing, but disagreeing on who should pay for the food for the weekend’s festivities. I, of course thought I should pay because they were guest in my house and I was the one who suggested they come for the whole weekend; besides, if I had my way she would never spend another dime of her own money on anything. Sookie, on the other hand, felt that because it was her brother and her tradition, she should pay for everything. On top of that, Sookie was also insisting that I send the staff home for the weekend as she didn’t want them to have extra work to do on her account. Fortunately Mrs. Hadley convinced her that she would be greatly upset if she didn’t get the opportunity to stay and meet her brother and friends. But even that wasn’t without compromise. Sookie conceded Mrs. Hadley could stay for the weekend, as a guest only, not as help. But Mrs. Hadley insisted that she wouldn’t stay unless she could at least help with everything.

Never before had my personal life been so complicated. Never before had I been so happy.

“So, tell me more about Jason.” I asked while pouring a cup of coffee and sitting down to join her on the lanai. I had been peppering her with questions for the last couple of days hoping to gain some insight on the friends that would be joining us this weekend.

“Mmmm…Jason.” She pondered as she looked up from the list she was making. “Probably the best way to describe Jason is…“wide open”. He has a good heart…he really does…he just doesn’t always think things through before he does them.” You could hear hesitation in her words but the love was unmistakable.

“Kinda reckless?”

“No, not reckless. It’s not like he seeks out danger, but he rarely sees the potential hazard when doing something. And he will always push the limits. It’s like he finds out where that line is that he shouldn’t cross and he dances on it from then on.”

“Ah, ‘give him and inch and he’ll take a mile’ kinda guy?”

“More like ‘give him a rope and he thinks he’s a cowboy’ kinda guy.”

Once the invitation to come spend the weekend here was issued, it took less than 30 minutes for Jason and all of the friends to respond and except and Sookie was more excited than I had ever seen her before.

After finally relenting and agreeing to let me pay for everything, she and Mrs. Hadley poured over the shopping list repeatedly, constantly adding and removing items with each pass. When they were finally satisfied they had listed everything Clancy, who seemed to be as excited as Mrs. Hadley about the prospect of guests, agreed to shuttle them around town to pick it all up.

Since I was sure my stamina was not quite up to strolling around the grocery store for a couple of hours, my only task was to “procure massive quantities of adult beverages” which I was successfully able to do within 10 minutes of them pulling away from the house and they would be delivered tomorrow around noon. While I was ordering, I went ahead made a few calls and ordered two more Sea Doos that were to be delivered on Friday as well. I had two already, but I rarely got the opportunity to ride very often. Riding alone is not a lot of fun or very safe. Last summer was probably the most use I had gotten out of them, Bill and I spent quite a bit of time out on the lake while he and Pam were dating. The opportunity to ride again thrilled me, but for a crowd this size, having only two would just be a pain in the ass.

Sookie spent most of Thursday night in the kitchen putting together salads, sauces and such. I volunteered to help but once we had chopped all the vegetables she insisted there was nothing else that required my help, so I retreated to the library to get as caught up on things as I could trying to insure I would have as much time as possible to spend with our guest.

Everyone was getting off work early, which I understood was not normally what they did, but apparently Sookie wasn’t the only one excited about the weekend. The plan was for Clancy to meet everyone at Sookie’s house at 2:00 and then they would be on their way. Trey had finished the work on Sookie’s car and was going to follow the limo in it until I finally convinced Sookie that she had access to Clancy or any of my other vehicles if she needed to go somewhere and she should just leave it in Bon Temps. Tara and JD would be driving separately as they had to drop the baby off with some family member that lived in Shreveport.

It was probably around 9:00 by the time Sookie had finished her prep work for the weekend meals and we had finished dinner. It had been a hectic day and a gloomy one weather-wise, so we hadn’t bothered with the pool or hot tub opting instead to work all day and then christen the whirlpool tub in the master bath.

“What are you thinking about?” I asked while squeezing the nylon puff, causing the water to cascade across her shoulders and down her back. She was sitting between my legs leaning forward with her arms wrapped around her legs, her chin resting on her knees deep in thought while I washed her back. Because that’s the kind of guy I am.

“Just about how happy I am.” I could have squealed like a little girl when the words left her mouth until my mind registered the sad under tone.

I put my hands on her shoulders and gently pulled her back to me so that she was lying back against my chest and crossed my arms across her chest cupping a breast in each hand.

“Then why do you sound so sad?” I asked while she covered my hands with hers and squeezed causing me to knead her breast in return.

“Time is just passing so quickly and before you know it, this is all going to be over with.” I stopped the movement of my hands.

“What is going to be over?” I said fighting the growing fear inside me.

“You know what I mean…I mean, I’ve only got one more week here and this week has gone by so fast…”

I leaned forward and pushed her up and turned her so that I could see her face and more importantly that she could see mine. I needed to make sure that when she heard my words she felt my heart.

“First of all, it has never been my wish for you to leave next week.” She smiled and seemed to relax a little. Shit, have I really been that bad at revealing my intentions?

“I know Eric, but my home, my job, they’re in Bon Temps.”

“Well, that’s actually something I wanted to talk to you about. I want you to come to work for me at Northman, Inc.”

“Eric, I…”

“Sookie wait, hear me out.” I interrupted her before she had the opportunity to object any further.

“You know we have been planning to expand our charitable presence in the community, as well as state and countrywide. And while you’ve only been working on the donations for a week, you have done a fantastic job and I think that you would be great for that position.”

The water had begun to get cold so I got out, quickly dried and put on my robe and got a towel and robe for Sookie without taking a pause in making my case.

“Look, I’m not asking you to give up your home. You can keep your home and visit as often as you want. You can even get your own place here in Shreveport although I hope you would just stay with me.”

We had made our way to the bedroom where Sookie had taken a seat on the bench at the foot of the bed and was combing the tangles from her hair seemingly considering what I was saying.

“Love, look at me.” She stopped messing with her hair and looked up at me. “I honestly believe you would be a true asset to the company in this role, but I don’t want an answer now. Just promise me you will think about it. Please?”

She nodded her head. “I will, I promise.”

The relief I felt was indescribable. I had been thinking about this for a couple of days now, but I knew her well enough to know that her foolish pride could prevent her from even considering such an offer if it was not presented properly.

“Now Ms. Stackhouse, can we discuss another position I would like to see you in?” I wiggled my eyebrows with my request.

“What position did you have in mind Mr. Northman?” She said as she walked over and placed her comb on the dresser.

“Oh several come to mind that I believe you are well suited for.”

I walked up behind her and reaching my arms around her waist, I untied her robe. I grasped the lapels and slowly opened the front of the robe, lightly running my fingers across her collar bones to her shoulders forcing the garment to slide off and pile at the floor by her ankles. I placed my hands on either hip and began placing kisses on her neck as she tipped her head to the side to provide better access.

“But which position do you believe would best ensure my success, sir? Oh fuck! Sir? I swear my dick twitched when she said it and I quickly scooped her up and carried her the short distance to the bed, placing her in the middle then crawling in right beside her.

“Well, we consider Northman, Inc. to be a forward thinking company, so any position by where you climb your way to the top, should help you achieve your goal.” She picked up right away on the innuendo and pushed me flat on the bed and climbed on top to straddle my hips.

“But would this position help you achieve your goal, Mr. Northman?” She asked as she began to plant wet kisses on my neck and chest while slowly grinding her hips back and forth and up and down over my ever expanding company asset.

“Ms. Stackhouse…ummm…your success is our success.” I said lifting her hips enough to rub my now rock hard cock back and forth across her slit.

Sookie swatted my hand away as if I were a child reaching for a cookie too close to dinner time, and took possession of my dick, placing it at her entrance. Suddenly and without warning she slammed on me burying my entire length deep inside of her forcing a gasp from both of us. My girl’s in a hurry to reach the top tonight.

Placing both hands on my chest for leverage, she began grinding back and forth getting faster and harder with each rotation. As the intensity picked up she began to bounce up and down and I can feel her girly juices seep down my shaft on to my balls.

“Shit baby, you are so wet.” She smiled and nodded as if it were her proudest accomplishment. Fuck that’s hot!

“Oh God Eric…so close!” She shouted as she closed her eyes to enjoy the moment.

“Look at me Sookie. I want to see those eyes when you cum.”

“Shit Eric…cum with me.” Her bouncing almost frantic now.

“Now, Sookie, now!” I felt her tighten around me giving me the final push causing me to shoot my seed deep within her.

Sookie collapsed exhausted on top of me and I rolled us over still sheathed deep inside her.

“Damn! Northman, Inc has some fantastic benefits.” She said, still trying to catch her breath.

“You ain’t seen nothin’ yet Ms. Stackhouse.”

I pulled her to my side, hoping that I was one step closer to having her there permanently.

TBC