Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heart's Desire Ch 14

Chapter 14

EPOV

“Shit Sookie!” When her mouth touched my dick, I knew I was in trouble. It had been too damn long and I was going to blow my wad like some pimply faced teenager behind the bleachers at homecoming. But there was nothing I could do, it would have taken a hospital evacuation to get me to stop her from what she was doing; and even then I would probably just ask them to roll me out of the room with her still attached to my cock, knowing that if I died, I would die happy. When I felt the tip of my cock touch the back of her throat, I was done. I began to thrust my hips forward frantically trying not to propel her off the bed with my enthusiasm, but desperate to be consumed by her. “Oh Fuck Sookie!” My body began to tremble. “I’m gonna cu…”

“Knock, knock. Good morning Mr. Northman.” Shit! I quickly pulled the extra pillow from behind my head and placed it in my lap to conceal the now painfully evident tent in my sheets as the nurse made her way into the room. Slick there Casanova, I doubt she’s ever seen that move. Well at least there would be no evidence in the sheets this morning. Cockblocked by a nurse!

“I understand your stay with us is about to come to an end, is that correct?” She asked while flitting around the room opening curtains and going through the daily morning routine.

“I believe so.” I answered not willing to elaborate on the topic.

“Well, I’m off for the rest of the week, but I wanted to tell you it was a pleasure taking care of you.” She said as she gently patted my foot.

“Thank you, Connie.” She was one of the few nurses that insisted I call her by her first name. “I appreciate all you’ve done for me during my recovery.”

She smiled and made her way out the door.

Bon Temps may be a small town, but the care I had received while here had been top notch. In a normal situation I would have probably been air lifted to Shreveport following the accident, but because of the coma, my team of doctors decided it was not worth the risk. When I finally came out of the coma, we had the traction issue to contend with, so again transfer was not recommended. I didn’t complain, I was all too happy to go along with this decision as my emotional state at that time preferred the anonymity that Bon Temps provided. In time, I came out of traction and with Sookie’s help, began the grieving and healing process but found I still was not ready to return home, so I did not bother with pursuing transfer.

Since our discussion a few days ago, Sookie and I had fallen in to a comfortable routine. She was here every available minute she could manage. Some days we would sit and talk for hours and on days that work was unavoidable, she would pull out a book and read. The fact that she would rather be here with me ‘doing nothing’, than off doing any number of things undoubtedly more entertaining, spoke volumes. And suddenly it hit me. I was happy.

It had been much easier than I expected to resume the reigns of my company. I had a very capable staff and with a few minor exceptions, everything had been run exactly as I would have done it had I been there. Professionally I prided myself on hiring the right people, providing them with the tools to do their job and then letting them do it! Failure to empower others has been the downfall in my opinion of many leaders. With the exception of anything that would require a face to face meeting, I was back at the helm. I tried to keep my work hours to the times that Sookie was gone as not to waste anytime with her, but when it was unavoidable, she understood.

I had been taken by surprise when I realized the depth of the feelings I had for Sookie. Not because of any misgivings about Sookie, god no. Sookie was perfect. In the relatively short amount of time I had known her, I had come to appreciate her in so many ways. No, the surprise was feeling this way about someone for the first time…ever. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve found other women attractive or desirable, but never to the extent of wanting to claim one as mine. Mine! The mere thought could make me hard. Some primal urge had been awaken in me and it would not be denied.

It was first apparent a couple of days ago. Sookie was putting ketchup on her fries and the packet misfired and shot a stream of the red condiment straight down the front of her white tank top. She quickly rushed to the sink to try to wash it out and prevent staining. Did I mention it was a white tank top? Anyway after a few minutes she felt she had sufficiently halted the staining process but she was miserable.

“Sookie, what’s the matter?”

“I like ketchup, but now that is all I can smell. I think I’m going to have to go home and change.”

“No, don’t do that. Look the blue shirt I wore the other night is hanging in the closet. Grab it and switch shirts.”

Honestly I thought I was just being helpful by helping her avoid an unnecessary trip home, but when she came out of the bathroom wearing my shirt I instantly got hard. Fuck me! Immediately my thoughts were consumed with images of her with my stuff. In my car. At my house. In my bed. Mine! Mine! Mine! What the fuck is your problem? These were uncharted waters for me, but I had time, I would figure a way to get her into every aspect of my life.

Then time ran out.

Recent x-rays had shown sufficient healing for me to begin weight bearing. It was finally time for me to learn to walk again. The doctors felt that at this stage, I was more than ready to be discharged and could continue my physical therapy in my home or at a rehab facility in Shreveport.

Discharged? A word I had waited over 2 months to hear was now sending a wave a panic through me. No! It’s too soon! I’m not ready to be without her yet. All I could think about was going home. ALONE! Our relationship, that had yet to be defined, was too new for me to be running back to Shreveport right now. It would be different if discharge meant that I was healed. Then I could just hop in my car and see her anytime I got a wild hair, I had no problem burning up the highway between Shreveport and Bon Temps. But it didn’t. I was still going to be crippled and tied to a wheelchair, crutches or whatever for a while longer. But I couldn’t impose on her to drive back and forth; so far all the sacrifices in this relationship had been made by her. It was not fair to ask anything more. I knew there had to be some other solution.

The solution came yesterday.

Yesterday:

“Dammit” Sookie mumbled walking in closing her cell phone.

I looked up from my computer. “What’s the matter Love?”

“My damn car. I’ve been hearing these strange noises lately, so I dropped it off yesterday for Trey to take a look at it and he just called with the quote for the repairs…and well let’s just say life sucks!” She said while plopping down in the chair beside me.

“Sookie, don’t worry about it, I take care of it. Just let me know how much and who I need to get the money to.”

“NO!” She shouted and then remembered where we were and lowered her voice. “I don’t need you to ‘take care of it’. I pay my bills my damn self.”

I realized I had struck a nerve so I tried desperately to some damage control.

“Sookie, I know you don’t need me to take care of it. I WANT to take care of it. Look at all you have done for me over the last few weeks. Isn’t it only fair that I get to do something for you in return?”

“Eric, I didn’t do those things for payback. I did them because I wanted too!”

“And I want to do this, how is it any different?”

“It just is!” How do you argue with that? I decided to drop my request for now.

“So what are you going to do?” I tried to convey my concern in the tone of my voice.

“Well, I was supposed to be on vacation next week; I guess I will just have to cancel. It’s not like I was going anywhere, I was just going to hang out here and enjoy a week without work. I guess now I will have to work to make up the money for the repairs.” She said as she shrugged her shoulders.

Oh HELL NO! A week of uninterrupted Sookie? There was no way I was giving that up now that I knew it had been a possibility. And then it hit me.

“Sookie, do you think you could get two weeks off?”

“Northman are you slippin? I just told you I couldn’t afford one week now and you want to know if I can take two. Exactly what part of this are you not gettin’?” She said looking at me like I was nuts.

“Just answer me Stackhouse. If the car was not an issue; would you be able to take off 2 weeks?”

“I’m sure I probably could, in all the years I’ve worked for Sam; I have only taken vacation 2 or 3 times. Why?”

“Well, I think I might have a solution to your problem as well as one that I am having.” I looked at her to see if she was willing to hear me out.

She motioned for me to continue.

“Well, it seems I’m ready for discharge.” I saw her face fall as soon as the words left my mouth. “The doctors say I can go home now and either follow up with a rehab facility or have a physical therapist come to the house, which obviously would be my preference. The problem is that I live alone and as I still require some assistance I would also have to hire someone to stay with me for a few days until I get more mobile.” Her face began to light up at the realization of my suggestion but not enough for me to know if she was agreeable to it or not.

“So, I was thinking if you were willing, I could hire you to stay with me…I mean you’re already familiar with my needs, though some new ones have recently arisen, and this way I wouldn’t have to adjust to someone new. I’d still get to spend time with you. It wouldn’t be like a complete vacation for you, but you would be away from the bar for awhile…” I could see she was considering it. I had tried to give it my hard sell and then I thought of one more thing.

“I have a pool…”

“Deal!”

TBC