Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heart's Desire Ch 21

Chapter 21

EPOV

I made good on my promise to make her scream my name that night. Three times actually. And several more times over the next couple of days on various horizontal surfaces of the first floor of my home, with the exception of the library. Sookie had determined that the library was off limits until, and I quote “Executive Northman is able to bend me over the desk and fuck me properly.” A goal I fully intended to reach very soon. Our tryst had really gotten quite daring by Monday with the return of the staff. Avoiding getting caught by Mrs. Hadley had become my new favorite pastime.

Her tendency to name the various aspects of my personality had gotten almost comical. Since returning home and getting back to work, ‘Executive Northman’ had been making more regular appearances which seemed to thrill Sookie as he was apparently her favorite. Lucky for me this was the personality that was the most…well…me.

Our relationship had started during a time where I was both physically and emotionally vulnerable and dependant in ways I never wanted to experience again. Until recently I had often worried how Sookie and I would relate to each other when my more independent and frankly dominant qualities returned. But as far as I was concerned, ‘Rehab Northman’ had over stayed his welcome and I was ready to see his ass go.

My recovery seemed to go in to warp speed once I was discharged from the hospital, and I was already ambling around the house on my own as long as I avoided steps and extended periods on my feet. As much as I was glad to get back on my feet, I did fear that Sookie would begin to feel that I didn’t need her here and try to shorten her commitment to stay with me. So when she took such an interest in donation applications, I was thrilled, trusting it would give her that sense of purpose she apparently required.

We had already developed a daily pattern where most of the morning was spent working then after lunch we would head out to the pool, stopping both activities as needed to satisfy whatever craving for each other we had at the time. I was grateful for the routine because it seemed to help her feel more comfortable. So far there hadn’t been any more signs of anxiety like she displayed when she first discovered her clothes in my closet but I was watchful nonetheless.

That first full day at home had started off a little rocky. When I received the text from Selah that she was coming by I cringed internally. I desperately needed the file she was bringing by, but knew Sookie and Selah’s first encounter had been a disaster and I had no desire to witness a repeat performance. I halfway figured Sookie would excuse herself and make herself scarce during Selah’s visit but I was pleasantly surprised when she didn’t. After greeting Selah and exchanging pleasantries, she sat down and continued working on her data base comfortably as if she had been born and raised in that very spot.

I stole glances at her every once in a while to make sure there were no signs of distress. Once Selah and I concluded our business I was relieved that things had gone so smoothly but that thought had no sooner crossed my mind before Selah addressed Sookie.

“Um, before I go…Sookie, could I have a word with you in private?” Oh hell, here we go.

I had hoped Sookie would just ask her to say whatever she needed to say right there to the both of us. I doubted Selah would be catty enough to have a go at Sookie with me present. But nooooo. Never one to back down from a challenge, the little spit fire just nods her head at me, giving me an “I got this” look and sashays out of the room with Selah.

After several minutes I could no longer just sit there waiting for her to return so I made my way to the sitting room to see if I could at least figure out where they moved their little party to. When I came in to the living room I could hear voices coming from the front steps but not clearly enough to make out what they were saying but at least no one was screaming.

A few minutes later I could have sworn I heard a car drive away, but I could still hear Sookie’s voice so I stayed put on the couch waiting for her. When she came back in she seemed frustrated about something but she continued to reassure me that the conversation with Selah had gone pretty well. I accepted her answer for the time being hoping she would tell me what was bothering her in her own time.

After lunch it had warmed up enough outside to go swimming and we made our way back to the bedroom to change. Earlier that morning Sookie had agreed to move in to my room with me, so Mrs. Hadley spent the morning making room and moving Sookie’s things in with mine. When we got to the room I quickly indicated the drawers that had been cleared out for her things and the space that had been made in the closet. And then it happened. All the confidence and self assuredness she had exhibited that morning dealing with Selah vanished and left in its place a shy, embarrassed little girl.

It took me a minute to realize what was going on. I knew from previous experience Sookie didn’t like surprises, but we had discussed bringing her things down earlier so I doubted that had caused this reaction, then she spoke. “These things don’t belong in here with your things.” Because I had never seen any hint of insecurity from Sookie before now, I almost didn’t recognize it. With all she had endured growing up, not to mention the hell I put her through the first few days after we met, I never considered there may be a vulnerable side to her. But immediately my mind went in to damage control as I tried my damndest to calm her fears and reassure her that those things didn’t mean anything to me. The last thing I needed was for her to feel insecure around me.

Later while we were enjoying ourselves by the pool she asked me if I would be willing to spend the weekend with her in Bon Temps. At first I was concerned that she was unhappy here or maybe homesick, but then she mentioned it was for her brother’s birthday and then a whole new list of concerns popped up. It’s not that I was against meeting her friends or going to Bon Temps for that matter; I was actually excited about the prospect but I had hoped to be recovered completely before that time came.

She seemed shocked that I offered to bring everyone to Shreveport for the weekend but I wanted her to feel at home and allowing her to entertain her friends here would definitely help in that regard. Besides since most of her friends appeared to be male, I felt that having them here in my house would give me the home court advantage. I know it’s petty, but hell I’m just a few days out of a wheelchair, give a guy a break.

We were sitting at the table this morning enjoying breakfast while she was telling me about all the work she had put into donation applications.

“I have taken the last five years and entered detailed organization information for each of the charities that applied for donations and I’ve started researching what advances they’ve made and what their current or immediate need is. It’s been interesting to see what some of the organizations have done with the funds they have received.”

Never, when she offered to take a look at these for me, had I thought she would take it to this extreme; I was floored. For a good 30 minutes, I listened as she told me the process she had gone through to gather the information, the data she had compiled in the data bank and her plans to sort the information. She had become so passionate about the project and you could tell she was truly enjoying the work.

“Love, I can’t tell you how glad I am that you are doing these for me. You’ve been a big help already.”

“Thanks. But I’m really enjoying this. I know it sounds silly, but it feels good to do something that you know…matters.”

“It doesn’t sound silly. I know exactly what you mean. That’s why we have been looking at ways for quite a while now to expand our charitable and community outreach services for the company; it’s the part of the company that matters.”

“Well thank you for letting me be a part of it.”

My heart was doing…in Sookie’s words…’the happy dance’. Here she was thanking me for allowing her to take part in my life, how fucking amazing is that?

“Speaking of the company, how would you like to take a drive downtown today and visit the office? I need to go over a few things with Debbie Pelt, Pam’s assistant, and for several reasons I would rather do it at the office rather than here.”

“I’d love to, are you sure you are up for it.”

“Well, I was going to wait a little while longer, but there are a few things that need my attention and since I am getting around a little better now, I think it will be ok. Besides, you’ll be there if I need to lean on someone right?” I asked trying to be cute, but I knew she would pick up on the double meaning. This would be my first trip to the office since the accident and while I was not looking forward to that, I really couldn’t put off my business any longer.

SPOV

The ride to Eric’s office was quiet. Although this was his suggestion, I knew being back for the first time was probably going to affect him more than he realized. I recognized the building as soon as we pulled up, of course the sign atop the 33 story, all glass building that said ‘Northman, Inc.’ may have been a clue.

When the elevators opened at the top floor, we surprised Selah as she was coming out of the conference room.

“Good morning Eric, Sookie.” She said as she greeted the two of us. “I didn’t expect you back at the office this soon.”

“I know, me neither, but I have a few things I need to clarify with Debbie. Is she around?” Eric asked.

“I think she’s down in Acquisitions, do you want me to page her for you?”

“No thanks, not right now. I have a few other things to take care of. Maybe she’ll be back by then.”

“OK, just let me know. Good to see you again Sookie.” She said as she made her way down the hall.

“Come on, I’ll show you around a little.” Eric said as he put his hand on the small of my back and led me in to the conference room.

The top floor consisted of a conference room and a kitchen/staff lounge area in the middle dividing the two wings, one end Eric’s, the other one Pam’s. We walked through the conference room and kitchen area and began to make our way down Pam’s end of the hall.

We stopped in front of Pam’s office and I heard him take a deep breath as he opened the door. My heart broke all over again for him as I stood in the door way while he slowly walked into the room, picking up various items obviously recalling their significance. When he turned around and began making his way back to the door I saw the hurt in his face and the tears that were falling freely down his cheek.

I knew there were no words I could say that would take the hurt away, time would be the only healer. I wrapped my arms around him and tried to hold him tight enough so that at least he realized he was not alone. He enveloped me in his arms and as he laid his head on my shoulder I heard his soft sobs.

We stood there for what seemed to be forever and whether it was his legs that gave out or tears that ran out, I’m not sure. But we closed the door and began to make our way down to Eric’s end of the hall.

Just like Pam’s, Eric’s space was a corner office so two of his walls were floor to ceiling windows providing an impressive unobstructed view of Shreveport and the Red River.

“Eric this is beautiful.”

“Yes it is.” I turned to bust his chops about his arrogant comment only to find him staring at me rather than the view.

“Why Mr. Northman, are you hitting on me?” I asked hoping the teasing would lighten his spirits some.

“Why yes, I do believe I am.” Eric had taken a seat behind his desk which had caused my heart rate to increase and my panties to become wet. It must be a medical condition.

“And do you believe that is acceptable behavior in the workplace?”

“Well now, why don’t you come over here and we will discuss acceptable workplace behavior?”

I began to slowly walk over to his desk and with each step my heart rate increased and the moisture in my panties to spread. Yep, definitely a medical condition.

“Ms. Stackhouse, I believe you will have to come to this side of the desk for us to fully discuss this.”

I walked around to the other side.

“Have a seat right here.” He said while patting the spot on the desk directly in front of him.

Once I was seated with a leg on either side of him, he slowly ran his hands down my legs and removed my shoes.

“You know Love, I can smell how much you want me right now.” I felt the blood rush to my head as I hid my face in my hands.

“Don’t be embarrassed. I love that I have that affect on your body.” He consoled as he gently removed my hands from my face.

“Sookie look.” He said as he placed each foot on either side of the growing bulge in his pants. “This is the affect you have on my body.”

He began to moan as I rubbed my feet on either side of his length and then without warning he took one foot and placed it on the arm of his chair and my other foot on the opposite side. He moved forward on his seat and slowly slid a hand under my dress and placed it on my mound while his thumb gently stroked my clit.

“I wonder if you taste as good as you smell today…May I?”

Coherent word formation was completely out of the question so I sincerely hoped that a nod was still the universal language for “hell yeah”. He took a finger and looped around the crotch of my panties and pulled them over to the side grazing my clit as he did. God he’s good.

“Shit Sookie, you are so wet.” His words sounded much like a growl now. Slowly he began kissing up my leg on the inside of my thigh, so slowly it was almost killing me. It was taking all the restraint I had not to grab his head, shove it between my legs and clamp them shut. Yeah, aggression and lack of patience is a symptom of the medical condition.

With my panties looped around one finger, he placed a hand on either side of my center while his thumbs parted my folds. I almost came the second his tongue made its much anticipated contact with my clit and I closed my eyes and threw my head back trying to savor the pleasure I was feeling at that moment.

“No. Sookie, look at me.” He demanded. “I want to you to watch me as I pleasure you.”

As soon as I looked up and caught sight of those beautiful sapphire eyes looking up at me from between my thighs, I was done.

My body was still shuddering with my first climax when Eric stood up and quickly undid his belt and zipper and dropped his pants in one swift motion. He grasped his cock and quickly rubbed it along my slit to spread the wetness then swiftly plunged deep inside.

“Ah…shit…Sookie…so…tight.” He moaned.

He grabbed my ass and pulled me tightly to him causing him to sink even deeper within.

“God, I need you.” We had both been trying hard to make sure we were not overheard outside the office, but when he spoke those words, I wasn’t sure even I was supposed to hear them.

“Harder…Eric…harder.” I panted between thrust.

“So close Sookie…come with me Love.” His thrusts becoming almost frantic.

“Ahhhhh” We both moaned in a desperate attempt not to be overheard as we reached our peak.

Afterward, we readjusted our clothes and Eric sat down in his chair pulling me into his lap. We sat there for quite some time without saying a word before Eric finally broke the silence.

“Thank you Sookie.”

“No, thank you. I was the one who came twice, remember?”

“No, I mean thank you for being here…with me.” I heard the serious tone in his voice so I pulled back slightly to see his face, fresh tears already making their way down his cheeks.

I didn’t say anything, I just wrapped my arms around his neck and held him as tightly as I could as he buried his face in my neck.

A little while later we were interrupted by Selah on the intercom.

“Eric, I’m sorry to bother you but the Mayor is on line two, would you like for me to tell him you are unavailable?”

He looked at me as I climbed off his lap as if he were asking me for permission. “Go ahead, take your call. I’ll be right over here” I mouthed as I motioned over to the couch.

Eric and the Mayor chatted for several minutes before I decided I would give him a little privacy and go grab something to drink. I motioned to him that I would be right back and I made my way toward the kitchen.

I stopped just outside the door when I heard female voices from inside.

“She didn’t even know Pam for piss sake. Who does she think she is trying to console him like that?” I heard an Evil Bitch say.

“Of course she would console him, she’s his girlfriend.” A voice I recognized as Selah’s responded.

“She wishes. I heard she’s just an aid sent to help him with his recovery. Apparently no one taught her boundaries though because I clearly doubt hugging on the boss is in her job description.” The Evil Bitch continued.

“Well hon, I think you need to check your sources because clearly you have been misinformed.” Selah responded.

“I doubt it and besides, we both know Eric doesn’t do the whole ‘girlfriend’ thing.” Evil Bitch insisted.

“Obviously he does, he introduced her to me personally as his girlfriend. Face it Debbie, you’ve lost.” Selah said trying to end the conversation.

I turned to walk away from the door, not wanting to get caught listening outside. When I heard Debbie mumble. “We’ll see.”

Damn right, we’ll see.

I walked back in to Eric’s office just as he was finishing his phone call.

“Hey Love, where did you run off to?”

“I thought I would give you some privacy, so I just took a little walk.” I said, deciding not to tell Eric about the conversation I overheard.

“You didn’t have to do that, I feel no need to keep anything private from you.”

Today had been an emotional day, and I tried not to read anything more into what he was saying, but couldn’t ignore the trust he already had in me. And while I would never do anything to betray that confidence, I kept thinking whether I could say the same thing about my trust in him. I mean I knew he would never do anything to hurt me but did I really trust him enough to have a part of me?

“Does that sound ok to you?” He asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” He chuckled at my lack of attention span.

“I said why don’t we find Debbie, so I can get that over with and we can go grab some lunch?”

“Sounds good.”

“Oh, and no matter what you do, do not leave me alone with Debbie. OK?”

“Yeah, I was going to ask you about that. Why is it when you say her name you always seem to bristle a little?”

“I don’t know what it is but I really don’t like her. I never have. She’s aggressive and brash and I find her behavior inappropriate for the workplace. I know that makes me sound like a tight ass, but there’s just something about her that rubs me the wrong way.”

“Well I’ve never met her, but I don’t want to think of her rubbing you in anyway, wrong or otherwise.” I joked.

“Oh hell no!” He said probably a little too loud and we were still laughing as we made our way out of his office.

As we passed the conference room I felt Eric’s body tense which was a clear indication of who the woman was in the hall in front of us.

“Eric, welcome back. I missed you.” She held her arms out as if expecting a hug. And as if rehearsed, I took a step forward as Eric moved behind me in one swift movement effectively placing me between her and him. Apparently no one has discussed boundaries with you either, bitch!

“Debbie, good to see you. I would like for you to meet my girlfriend Sookie Stackhouse.” He said as he placed his hands on my shoulders, close to my neck so that his fingers were absentmindedly rubbing my clavicle.

“It’s so nice to meet you Sookie.” She lied.

“You too.” I lied.

“Well, I understand there are a few things Eric and I need to discuss. We don’t want to bore you Sookie, so if you want to go make yourself comfortable in the lounge, there are drinks and refreshments available, and we’ll come get you when we’re through.” She tried to dismiss me.

“Thanks for the offer, but I’ll be fine. I assure you I haven’t found anything yet involving Eric that bores me.” I said as we all walked in to Pam’s office, Eric giving me a playful swat on the ass on the way in.

The prattled on for nearly an hour and I was surprised by the amount of things they discussed that I actually understood.

“Well, I think that takes care of everything for now.” Eric said, bringing the meeting to a close.

“Umm, one more thing Eric.” Debbie said. “I was going to go ahead and knock out the donation applications for this year, but all the files are gone, do you happen to have them?”

“Yes. But you don’t need to worry about them; Sookie is going to take care of those for me this year.”

“Oh, that’s so sweet. But it’s really not necessary; it doesn’t take me that long to do them. Besides, we’ve made changes to the process that you may not even be aware of Eric.” Before she could finish her comments, Eric cut her off.

“Sookie has already been working on these. She has created a database with the information from the various charities and she has done quite a bit of research on them. After this year’s selection she will be completely retooling the process for next year.” End of discussion.

“Well, let me know if there is anything I can help you with.” She said to me with a hint of concern in her voice.

Eric and I made our way down to the elevators. Once inside he grabbed me and pulled me to him.

“What would you like to do now Ms. Stackhouse?”

“I do believe you promised to feed me once we were done here.” I reminded him.

“Well I did just eat, but I guess I could eat again.” He said with a smirk.

I swatted him on the arm when I realized what he had implied.

“Eric Northman, you pig!”

“Yep.” Was all he said before hitting the button marked ‘stop’ on the elevator.

TBC